My Blog List

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Working on PHD

It's been a busy couple weeks.  My son, Luke, and his family came down for a visit and we did a bunch of fun things around San Antonio....riverboat ride, the Alamo, sea world, the boys went golfing while the girls went outlet shopping and babysitting the grandsons a couple nights so their parents could go out on dates.  It was a fun and fast visit!

So now I'm back on my PHDs...projects half done.  I have so many things in various stages of production that I'm determined this year to get some done and moved along.  My first project was this
I started this about 8-9 years ago as a project at retreat.  I loved the lacy look and thought it was fun.  Was happily sewing along on it when one of our guilds experts came by and said something about it looking like a bunch of table toppers and why would I want to make a quilt out of table toppers.  Ow..deflatation and a good lesson about only saying nice things about things people choose to make. I had the top half done and when I got home it got put away...until this year.

My guild makes charity quilt and this year we are making things for children...giving quilts to the children's hospital, and the shelters.  I got to thinking about this project...not juvenile but cute enough to give a little love and care to someone hurting.  So my project turned into this
I'm going to give them to our charity chair tomorrow and soon 4 little people will have a quilted hug.
So, one PHD done, too many more to do...back to sewing world 😀.  


No comments:

Post a Comment