My Blog List

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tumalo trail

Next project to be completed is Tumalo Trail.

I've been working on this over a year, intentionally, as a leader and ender project.  Any little scrap that was big enough for a 1 1/2" square I cut a square and threw it in my box


Whenever it got full I sewed a bunch of 9 patches...I needed 320 of them.  When I got enough of the little 9 patches I made some half square triangles and put the big 9 patch blocks together.  I made more blocks than the original pattern because I wanted the quilt to work on a queen size bed.  Today I started assembling the top with the sashing strips.  Here's the progress so far:


I may skip the piano key border and go with a solid.   I really like the way it looks and to think I almost threw away all those pieces of fabric!

On a side note, we had a surprise overnight visit with Luke...he was in the area for business.  Always fun to have some one on two time with one of our children :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment