My Blog List

Monday, September 8, 2014

Where has the summer gone?!

It's been a crazy summer with a long stretch of no sewing but I'm easing back into it and have a little quilting ADHD...so much I want to do, so little time!

The first weekend in August I went to Pumphrey's rug hooking workshop.  It's San Antonio's one workshop and I've gone 2 years now.  It's fun to see all the hooking techniques and all the different rugs ladies are making.  This year my instructor was Kris Miller from Michigan.  Here's what I was working on...I got a lot done even tho it doesn't look like it.


I finished the top from a shop book club...it's a Lori Smith pattern.  I decided to make it lap size instead of big like the pattern so I was having trouble deciding on a border.  


 

I decided to do this:




This is the original pattern.

Even tho I'm concentrating on UFOs I decided to start on this pattern...I've wanted to make it for awhile.  The borders will be different and each block finishes 4 1/2".   I've started on the appliqué blocks





I just finished  Bonnie Hunter's Jamestown Landing.  The picture is in cyber space somewhere 






No comments:

Post a Comment