My Blog List

Sunday, June 8, 2014

I'm still here

Been a crazy month but I have been doing some sewing.  Plus my sister, Martha, came for a week and we did lots of shopping (successful) and searching a plethora of Goodwill and Salvation Army stores for vintage sewing machines (no luck).

At the moment I am sewing bindings on the three quilts I sent to be quilted...1 1/2 done, 1 1/2 to go.

One of the bees I belong to is doing a quarterly block exchange.  Each of us has been assigned a primary color to use and we are working with toasty backgrounds.  My color is red...here's our first group of exchange blocks.


This is the pattern we are making



Our quilts will be twice as big when completed.  I decided to make all my blocks up so they are ready for the exchange dates.  Here are my four groups of blocks



I've also been working on finishing my retreat project, Blue Ridge Beauty.  It's another Bonnie Hunter scrappy pattern.  I'm determined to use my stash but not putting a dent in it yet...lol.  I've got the center completed and am auditioning borders from stash fabric.  I think I've found two that will work.  I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment